From a student putting his life on hold to adopt an abandoned baby at the start of the 2022 Mule Championships, there was no shortage of intriguing stories this week. Here are some of our favorite heartwarming and quirky stories from August 13-19 that helped make our days a little brighter — or at least, more interesting:
1. Phoenix partners with a foundation to provide free vegetable gardens: The City of Phoenix is looking for residents interested in growing a backyard garden, and you wouldn’t have to spend a dime to set it up.
2. Texas State student puts his life on hold to adopt baby he found abandoned in trash heap in Haiti: A Haitian student from Texas State is making headlines after his mission to adopt a baby he found in the trash at his house goes viral.
Photo of Jimmy Amisial, 27, with Emilio Angel Jeremiah.
3. Couple arrested for having sex at amusement park: The couple initially denied having sex, saying they were picking up a dropped pack of cigarettes.
Rides at Cedar Point, including the Giant Wheel ride, are shown in a file image taken at Sandusky, Ohio amusement park.
4. Women search for man they mistook for rideshare driver during health emergency in Chandler: A group of women who visited Arizona to see a friend now have a strange story to tell, after what happened at a restaurant near Chandler Mall.
5. Snoop Dogg announces upcoming release of new Snoop Loopz cereal: Snoop Dogg has released mega hits like “Drop It Like It’s Hot”, released his own gin called Indoggo and wine with 19 Crimes, has a cannabis company called Leafs By Snoop and is now entering the world of breakfast cereals. lunch with the latest addition to his resume, Snoop Loopz.
6. ‘These are our heroes’: Peoria woman grateful to 3 men who saved her daughter: An Arizona mother is grateful that three strangers stepped up to help save her daughter, as the car her daughter was in caught fire without her knowledge.
seven. 2022 U.S. Men’s Mullet Championship Open“Think you’ve got what it takes to ride the wave of Mullet Fame? Enter today and find out,” invites the Mullet Championship.
The winners of the 2021 USA Mullet Championships Men’s Open Division. (American Mullet Championships)
8. Arizona detectives’ SUV struck by lightning in Phoenix“They initially felt shock and tingling sensations, but we are happy to report that none were seriously injured,” DPS said.
9. Rare blue lobster caught by father and son in Maine: You never know what the waters will bring up, and in Luke Rand’s case, it was a rare blue lobster.
Rare blue lobster caught in Maine. (Credit: Luke Rand)
ten. VIDEO: Drone spots hundreds of sharks swimming near shore of Florida beach: Garrett Zendek flew her drone over the waters off Cocoa Beach, Florida during a visit to the area last week and says she was shocked to see hundreds of sharks within 1 000 feet from shore.