Editor’s note: A lot has happened this week, so here’s your chance to catch up. Read on for the hottest titles of the week.
1. Famed Dallas pitmaster opens innovative new barbecue spot at Farmers Branch. A new barbecue restaurant with a signature chef debuted on April 4: Crossbuck BBQ, from pitmaster Tim McLaughlin of Lockhart Barbecue, opened in Farmers Branch at 4400 Spring Valley Rd. It features a menu that mixes barbecue with flavors and traditions from around the world, with a modern approach to smoking food.
2. Where to see the best bluebonnets in Dallas-Fort Worth and around Texas in the spring of 2022. A lack of showers brings slow spring blooms. And due to drought conditions, our beloved Texas blue bonnets and other wildflowers got off to a slow start in Dallas-Fort Worth and much of Texas. But they are finally appearing everywhere. Here’s where to see the best right now.
3. The famed Italian restaurant in Dallas’ Design District is moving downtown. In fantastic news for downtown Dallas and Italian food lovers everywhere, it’s the highly anticipated (and relocated) return of Sassetta, which opened at the Hotel Joule at 1530 Main St. in downtown -City of Dallas. It debuted on April 8, dinner-only at the start, with the addition of lunch to follow.
4. Utah’s drive-thru beverage chain invades the Dallas area for its Texas debut. A drive-thru chain from Utah whose entirety is focused on beverages is coming to Texas: Called Swig, it describes itself as a one-of-a-kind customizable beverage store and will debut at the Fairview Town Center in Fairview on Friday , May 6.
5. DART unveils new D2 subway line through downtown Dallas. There is a new direction from Dallas Area Rapid Transit on the D2 Subway, a second light rail line that will run through downtown Dallas. Approved by the Dallas City Council and the DART Board of Directors, the new route for the downtown subway project avoids crossing under I-345 and instead veers north, bypassing Deep Ellum altogether.