Saturday’s headlines: Today’s main stories, including the aftermath of the Bonfire fire and the dismissal of an award-winning firefighter

0

Hello and welcome to the briefing this Saturday afternoon.

Today’s best stories so far include dramatic footage after Bonfire’s fire ravaged the Scottish home, famed Paul Ferris tasked punters with watching the life of the crime as well as watching ” the clearest ”of Nessie to date.

Here’s all you need to know.

Dramatic image shows aftermath of devastating fire that ravaged Scottish home on bonfire night



The fire left the property “largely damaged”

Dramatic photos have shown the aftermath of a devastating fire that ravaged a Scottish home on Bonfire Night.

Emergency services were called to the scene in the Cronberry Quadrant at approximately 8:19 p.m. on Friday, November 5.

Hero fire crews were seen battling a house blaze in Glasgow as flames erupted from the roof of the property.

Read more.

Famous Paul Ferris charges punters £ 85 to attend live show about his life as a criminal



Famous Glasgow Man Paul Ferris
Famous Glasgow man Paul Ferris

Famous Paul Ferris should be forced to pay for police services at a stage show which organizers charge punters £ 85 to attend, a politician has demanded.

It comes amid calls for a hotel to drop its plans to host the famous underworld figure next year.

Ferris arranged to share his life story in front of a live audience at the Crowne Plaza hotel in Glasgow in March.

Read more.

Award-winning firefighter sacked after making explicit jokes at team-building event



Award-winning firefighter Richard Holden, who was fired
Award-winning firefighter Richard Holden, who was fired

A firefighter who was at the forefront of his brigade’s “values” campaign was fired after making explicit jokes at a team-building event.

A court hearing heard how laureate Richard Holden, 46, spoke out against bullying and even dedicated his time to raising funds for mental health charities and other good causes.

Read more.

Loch Ness monster hunter has ‘clearest’ sighting yet, claims ‘there is more than one’



He said that
He said the “object” plunged underwater

A Loch Ness monster hunter has captured new footage he says shows the sea creature – and claims there are more mysterious beasts lurking in the waters.

Irishman Eoin O Faodhagain has been looking for Nessie since he was first sighted in 1987.

The 57-year-old had made several trips to Scotland to try and track the sea beast and spends time watching a webcam overlooking Loch Ness from his home in County Donegal.

Read more.

I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here Full 2021 lineup confirmed as soap stars and football legend to enter the camp



Presenters Ant and Dec.

12 more celebrities make their way to haunted Gwrych Castle as I’m A Celebrity returns to Wales this year.

The line-up has now been confirmed with a football hero and music legends among the brave lot heading to Wales.

Soap fans across the country are in for a treat this year as not one, but three actors make their way to the ruined castle.

Read more.

Don’t miss the latest news from across Scotland and beyond – Sign up for our daily newsletter here.


Source link

Share.

Comments are closed.