Wednesday is the culmination of weeks of work by the staff of the Dalton Daily Citizen.
On Wednesday we publish our annual Progress Edition, a multi-section edition filled with stories and photos of people, groups and businesses that help move Whitfield and Murray counties forward.
Across the five sections – Business, Health, Quality of Life, Murray County Life, and Sports & Recreation – you’ll find nearly 30 stories.
Among them are:
• A report on new businesses that have helped revitalize downtown Cohutta.
• A profile on Damian Rodriguez, a 2021 Dalton High School graduate and former Catamounts football player who signed in December to play with the Chattanooga Football Club, a professional football team. While Rodriguez is with CFC, he is also taking classes at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga paid for by the club.
• An update on progress from the Peeples Cancer Institute at Hamilton Medical Center.
• A story about RossWoods Adult Day Services, which celebrates its 25th anniversary this year.
• Q&A sessions with Dalton Mayor David Pennington, Murray County Sole Commissioner Greg Hogan and Whitfield County Board of Commissioners Chairman Jevin Jensen as they discuss the future of their communities .
We thank our many advertisers who supported the edition. Without their support, progress would not be possible. We also had the help of several groups and organizations who contributed stories and photographs. First of all, we send a special thank you to those who subscribe to the newspaper or take one every day.
So on Wednesday, sit down and have fun learning about your community. We hope you enjoy our Progress Edition.