Find today’s news headlines here by Jagran Josh for June 13, 2022.
Current Affairs Today Headline – June 13, 2022
- India reports 8,084 COVID19 cases and 10 deaths, active cases stand at 47,995 and daily positivity stands at 3.24%.
- Police deployment continues following violence that erupted in Ranchi as Article 144 is imposed.
- Congress leader Rahul Gandhi will appear before ED today in the National Herald case.
- Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao will launch a national party named “Bharatiya Rastra Samiti” this month.
- PM Modi will visit Maharashtra on June 14 and inaugurate Jal Bhushan Building and Revolutionaries Gallery in Mumbai and Jagatguru Shrisant Tukaram Maharaj Temple in Pune.
- Union Trade and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal met in Geneva with South African Trade Minister Ebrahim Patel.
- Congress Speaker Sonia Gandhi has been admitted to Ganga Ram Hospital in Delhi due to Covid-related issues.
- The IAF plans to build 96 fighter jets in India under Rs 1.5 lakh cr for 114 fighter jets.
- 15,000 PM Shri schools will be established in the country, announces Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan.
- A magnitude 4.0 earthquake occurred at 06:32 a.m. 43 km east-northeast of Tura, Meghalaya.
- A magnitude 4.2 earthquake struck around 4:01 a.m. in Xizang, Tibet, according to the National Seismology Center.
- Long-term exposure to air pollution is linked to an increased risk of severe Covid-19, according to a study conducted in Germany.
Scientists are using satellite data for the first time to detect a major sea leak of the powerful greenhouse gas methane.
- Indian fishing community protests against WTO proposal to cut subsidies
- The Indian Chess Federation (AICF) unanimously endorses the candidacy of Viswanathan Anand for the post of Vice President of the International Chess Federation.
- IPL Media Rights Day-1: Auction value for TV, digital exceeds Rs 43,000 crore.
- Sprinter Hima Das wins gold in the women’s 100m at the 61st National Interstate Track and Field Championships.
- The Argentines were crowned FIH Pro League champions after Belgium beat India.
- South Africa beat India by 4 wickets in the second T20I game, taking a 2-0 lead in a 5 game series.
- The world is heading towards a new era of nuclear rearmament with an expected increase in the stockpile of nuclear weapons, researchers say.
- US senators announce bipartisan agreement to address gun violence
- Qatar has appointed the French TotalEnergies as its first foreign partner to expand the largest natural gas field in the world.
- Russia’s former McDonalds reopens as “Vkusno i tochka” (Delicious Full Stop).
- The IAEA is urging Iran to resume talks “now” to avoid a crisis that could make it “extremely more difficult” to rescue the 2015 nuclear deal.
- US President Joe Biden will visit Saudi Arabia and Israel next month, sources say.
- China uses private military companies to expand footprint in Africa
- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, who has ruled Turkey for the past 20 years, is running for re-election in next year’s elections.
ALSO READ: Today’s News Headline – June 11, 2022
Take weekly tests on the app to prepare for exams and compete with others. Download the Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए पर वीकली वीकली लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा।। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐप